Object StatementCar mascot, Packard 'Goddess of Speed', metal / glass, designed by John D Wilson, Grosse Pointe, Michigan, United States of America, 1938, for the Packard Motor Car Co, Detroit, Michigan, United States of America, 1941, owned by William Diskon, Diskon & Molyneux Ltd, Bexley, New South Wales, Australia, 1941-1947
Physical DescriptionCar bonnet ornament which features the sculpture of a woman kneeling on her right knee, with her left leg outstretched behind her. The figure is leaning forward with both arms extended in front. In her hand she holds a small car wheel and tyre. Her long hair and loosely fitting clothes steam behind her and a single glass stylised wing, attached to her hair and back, stretches out behind her. The figure is mounted on a sweeping elongated base, both of which are cast chrome-plated zinc.
MarksTwo circular stamps on underside, including one with the letters 'S M'.