The Ultrasonics Institute was internationally recognised as a world leader in the development of medical uses for ultrasound, commencing in 1959. The Institute’s work followed on from that of its precursor, the Ultrasonics Research Section of the National Acoustic Laboratories in Sydney.
The Ultrasonics Institute team were the first world-wide to provide superior image definition and clarity by developing ‘grey scale’ imaging. This was a way of picking fine differences in ultrasound echoes bou...
Ultrasonic dental probe, attached to mount, metal / plastic / cardboard, made by the Ultrasonics Institute, Chatswood, New South Wales, Australia, 1963
Ultrasonic dental probe consisting of a tubular stainless steel transducer with a dual probe head. Attached to the probe is cabling in protective plastic sheathing and three attached end fittings. The probe is mounted on blue cardboard backing.