Physical DescriptionDisplay panels, set of 12, showing the history of the development of Telectronics cardiac pacemaker and defibrillator technology from 1963 to 1990, acrylic / electronic components, made by Telectronics Pty Ltd, Lane Cove, New South Wales, Australia, 1990
The square panels (or shadow boxes) are acrylic-fronted and have blue frames. They each contain mounted examples of Telectronics devices, such as implantable heart pacemakers or defibrillators or their accessories, together with graphs and explanatory text.
The panels are numbered and titled as follows:
1. 'Guardian implantable defibrillator' featuring two defibrillator units including patch electrodes, two graphs and accompanying text.
2. 'Quadra/ Aurora dual chamber casing systems' - two casing systems, three graphs, two graphics and text.
3. 'Reflex single chamber casing system' - three casing systems, three graphs, three graphics and text.
4. 'Meta ® MV/ Rate responsive pacing system' - two pacing system units, four graphics and text.
5. 'Telectronics Autima/ Dual chamber' - five pacing systems, four graphics, and text.
6. 'Telectronics Optima MPT/ Multi-programmable pacing system with advanced bi-directional telemetry' - one pacing system, three graphics and text.
7. 'Telectronics Pasar/ Programmable automatic scanning arrhythmia reversion' - two pulse generators with leads, two graphics, text.
8. 'Telectronics Optima/ VVI and multiprogrammable pacing systems' - one pacing system with lead, three graphics, text.
9. 'Telectronics 17 Series/ Programmable pacing systems' - three pacing systems with electrodes, three graphics, text.
10. 'Telectronics slimline pacing systems' - two pacing systems, two graphics, text.
11. 'Telectronics lithium power for a new generation of cardiac pacemaker technology' - five power systems, text.
12. 'Telectronics mercury powered titanium encapsulated/ Mercury powered epoxy resin encapsulated'- two titanium encapsulated units, five epoxy resin encapsulated units, text.