This glider was built at Bankstown, NSW, by Glidair Sailplanes, the first firm in Sydney to solely build and repair sailpanes. The tail-less flying wing glider was successfully test flown by Reginald Todhunter of Glidair Sailplanes in 1958 and in 1967 became the first tail-less glider to receive an Australian Certificate of Airworthiness. As well as Todhunter, the design team included Stephen Marton, Milton Lalas and Al Backstrom and the design was based on an American design known as EPB, after its designers Easley, Powell and Backstrom. Able to carry two people, the glider was named 'Twin Plank' and carried the registration number VH-GST. The glider's flying speed was about 80 km per hour. Intended to be a low-cost trainer for the Gliding Federation of Australia, the 'Twin Plank' did not gain acceptance due to its radical design.
Judith Campbell, MAAS volunteer, under the supervision of Margaret Simpson, Curator,