This lithographic print is a section of a large 'bird's eye view' of the intended development of the commercial area of Port Jackson by the Sydney Harbour Trust, which was established in 1901. The Trust included successive versions of the plan in its prestigious annual 'Port of Sydney – NSW' as the redevelopment progressed.
In each edition several sections were inserted as fold outs on wax paper. They have not aged well and it is rare to find one that can be folded out and refolded without leaf separation.
Graeme Andrews OAM, Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences volunteer under the supervision of Margaret Simpson, Curator, November 2015